View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 06:00 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

It's so to hear this because I just stopped "worshipping God" in this way. It's so embarrassing to say how people could look up to me spiritually and I was lying to myself making excuses about how I really was worshipping God. I got it from a rather liberal teaching at my rather coservative youth group years ago, and we mis-interpreted it.

In short, the best advice I can give is to say that these things displease God: evil lyrics and simulating a mass-murderer. This idea really can't stand up to exposure or logic.
What it is is that the person is trying to defend the use of their lazy or evil means of entertainment and somehow call it worship. For example, I played video games for an untold reason (that weren't necessarily bad) and called it worshipping God. It was pathetic. What I didn't know is that God had a huge purpose for me and Satan only wanted to distract me from that.

Because of this, I haven't played video games for over 7 months. It is an addiction, and the hardest argument with yourself is that you'll be worhsipping somehow.
My flesh will say "but you're playing the character you want to have serve God"
Pathetic reasoning, I know, but all of it is when you're fighting an addiction. Video games are just as addicting as drugs and alchohol.
I say "What if You yourself was that hero that you're playing/praising?" God has a great many things to teach you.

When someone (like a brother) confronts you of your pathetic state, you get defensive and fight tooth and nail to defend your reasoning. I am currently fighting for my sister's heart on this matter, pray for her.

The chains on me are broken but my heart breaks because so many people decieve themselves and believe that their slothfulness is worhsippping God, but I understand them because I am one of them. The release from captivity is the hardest part. When Satan knows he's losing a fortress, he will do everything in his power to protect his evil foothold on the saint's heart.