View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:41 PM
jerry

I only believe in one kind of salvation - the kind that the Bible teaches. Salvation by grace through faith in Christ's finished work on the cross.

1. Is Peter talking about physical salvation when he said "salvation of your souls"? Is soul physical?

No - he is obviously referring to spiritual salvation.

2. Is "our faith" the same as "the faith of Christ"? Are Church Age saints saved by "their faith" or by the "faith of Christ"?

I was saved by my faith in the finished work of Christ. I don't know how you were saved. I am not a Calvinist, so do not agree with your interpretation of "the faith of Christ."

3. Is salvation the RESULT of our faith or the FOUNDATION of our faith?

The result.

4. Has grace APPEARED to all men, or is it TO BE BROUGHT at the revelation of Jesus Christ for those who hoped for it to the END?

Different contexts in view. Grace has appeared to all men - and is still appearing. There are certain aspects of our salvation that await the return of Christ - such as the redemption of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.