View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:30 AM

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Is SOUL physical?

Comparing Peter's statement above with Paul's:

"For by grace ARE ye SAVED through faith..."
(Eph. 2:8,9)

According to Paul, we are SAVED NOW through FAITH. Salvation begins since we are SAVED. But Peter says, "salvation of your souls" is received at THE END.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

"What Peter is stating is that the outcome - the end result - of their faith is the salvation of their souls - not that they won't be saved until the end." This statement contradicts itself.

Peter DID SAY the END (future) of THEIR faith (men's faith) is SALVATION of their SOULS. That's why they have to keep believing until they are saved.
But under grace, I am NOT saved by MY faith. I am SAVED (past tense) by the FAITH OF JESUS CHRIST. According to Paul, salvation by the faith of Jesus Christ is the BEGINNING of my faith; but for Peter, salvation is the END of THEIR (human) faith.

According to Paul, "GRACE HATH APPEARED unto all men." (Tit.2:11) But Peter says, grace "SHOULD COME" and "IS TO BE BROUGHT unto you AT THE REVELATION OF JESUS CHRIST".

Paul says, we're waiting for the RAPTURE of the church; Peter says the "holy nation" is waiting for the REVELATION of Jesus Christ.

Question:
1. Is Peter talking about physical salvation when he said "salvation of your souls"? Is soul physical?
2. Is "our faith" the same as "the faith of Christ"? Are Church Age saints saved by "their faith" or by the "faith of Christ"?
3. Is salvation the RESULT of our faith or the FOUNDATION of our faith?
4. Has grace APPEARED to all men, or is it TO BE BROUGHT at the revelation of Jesus Christ for those who hoped for it to the END?

We cannot make "salvation of souls" a physical salvation. We don't have to wrest Scripture and make everything fit Paul's epistles, just as others twist Paul's epistles and make them fit "works" passages?

Unless one believes Revelation and Rapture are the same, people waiting for the revelation of Jesus Christ have to be in the Tribulation Period.