View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I am seeing where everyone stands on this issue. if you go to the forum on the lord's supper you will know why I am seeking to find out.

you didn't take the poll. I ask that all take the poll and place a comment. if you don't take the poll don't comment. I left a poll slot for you who don't want to say yes or no it is other
Well brother, I voted in the poll and my comment is there is no Scripture saying we confess sins that have already been forgiven. Confession of any kind to anybody is a work.

Lev. 5:1 And if a soul sin, and hear the voice of swearing, and is a witness, whether he hath seen or known of it; if he do not utter it, then he shall bear his iniquity.
2 Or if a soul touch any unclean thing, whether it be a carcase of an unclean beast, or a carcase of unclean cattle, or the carcase of unclean creeping things, and if it be hidden from him; he also shall be unclean, and guilty.
3 Or if he touch the uncleanness of man, whatsoever uncleanness it be that a man shall be defiled withal, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty.
4 Or if a soul swear, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these.
5 And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing:
6 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin.

Ps 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Being outside the Commonwealth of Israel and having received free grace and forgiveness of sin apart from the works of the Law, all my sins past, present, and future have been foregiven.

Ro 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Ro 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Speaking practically, there are many Christians who have sin in their own lives they refuse to acknowledge because they can't accept their sin or they enjoy it too much, let alone "confess". In 99 percent of cases you can pick these Christians out becasue they are always the most active in pointing out your "sins", or what they interpret to be sin.

Ro 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

As Christians today we have one "confession":

Mt 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
Ac 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Why do I have to confess sins that have not been imputed unto me?

Grace and peace brother

Tony