View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
1. Prove using scriptures from the King James Bible, A.V., using no Greek lexicons, manuscripts or commentary’s, that Satan has been given the kingdoms of the world for his control.

2. Prove using scriptures from the King James Bible, A.V., using no Greek lexicons, manuscripts or commentary’s that Satan has the power to blind anyone without the permission of God.

3. (Use only King James Bible scriptures comparing spiritual things with spiritual.) i.e. scripture with scripture.
I note you took the liberty of "using the Greek" in your own discussion, but I don't see the necessity.

Point 2 is a red herring, since you provide the qualification already accepted: yes, God allows it. That doesn't change the fact that God has, for a time, allowed Satan to have dominion over "this world" (which I understand to mean this age).

Who is the "prince of the power of the air?"
Ephesians 2:2-3 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Convincing me that this isn't a reference to our adversary (Satan) is going to take some doing!
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
And what was Christ referring to when he said:
Matthew 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
How can we say Satan has no kingdom when Christ said he did?

Who did Christ mean when he said:
John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
Why would the "god of this world" call the wisdom of this world foolish?
1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
And what of this?
1 Corinthians 2:6-8 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Finally, if the Kingdoms of this world are already Christ's, what of this?
Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
This hasn't happened yet. The "god of this world" is Satan, whom God has appointed to that position for this age.