View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 11:13 AM

AMEN Tony!

There really is a common thread that runs through them all - going way back to the Tower of Babel. You are so right that Christ, by His sacrifice on the Cross, defeated them all. It is true that Masons often hold positions. My ex-fiance told me that there were members who were judges, sheriffs, policemen, business owners, teachers, professors, lawyers, etc. He said that it would help his career. I don't know whether these men are honestly unaware of the true nature of it, or they are willfully involved for what they might gain by it. They ought first to think about what they might LOSE by it - namely their salvation!

I had a talk with the minister of his church and asked him if he was aware that several members of his church (a large independent Baptist church) were Masons. And I asked him if that concerned him. He said, first of all, that I was right to be concerned, and that he was "working on it" in his own way. He said the most powerful way is prayer. Yet I thought to myself, if a minister is afraid to speak out against sin from the pulpit, what power does he have against evil? I think that he probably feared the high positions of these Masons in his church - not to mention their monetary contributions to the church!

I did utilize prayer and prayed often for my ex-fiance. But, in the end... I realized that my only recourse was to disconnect myself from him and remain on the right straight and narrow path - as he was stepping off onto that broad path that veers off-course.

Jassy