View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace to me View Post
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

if we say it takes the sinners obedience and the Obedience of Jesus then it would be by the obedience of two.

Jn.15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit , and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

we don't choose God he chooses us. [ natural man there is none that doeth good ] , chosing God would be doing something good .
Wasn't Judas one of those spoken to in John 15.16? Are you sure you want to make an application to salvation with that verse?

And why do you treat faith as "doing something good?" Faith is not a work. Romans ch. 4 makes that very clear.

You also seem to be confounding righteousness imputed with works. Romans 4 makes it clear that righteousness imputed is not due to works nor is that righteousness from man. You have created a contradiction that does not exist.