View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 AM
grace to me

what i am saying is the phrase there is nothing you have to do all you have to do is believe is contradicting it's self .
if we are dead in tresspasses and sin , how can we do anything ?
i don't believe that our belief causes us to get salvation , its a fruit , of God taking the heart of stone out and giving you a heart of flesh . i don't believe we obtain eternal salvation by works , and faith is something you do . i believe God chooses us then puts a new heart in us so we are able to believe.

Jn.5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

pay very close attention to the grammer , is it past , present or future tense.
he that heareth and believeth , [hath] [ past tense ] eternal life you don't hear and believe to get it , [ but is passed ] he's already passed from death to life.
if you are hearing and believing you already have eternal life.

Rom.5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

if we say it takes the sinners obedience and the Obedience of Jesus then it would be by the obedience of two.

Jn.15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit , and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

we don't choose God he chooses us. [ natural man there is none that doeth good ] , chosing God would be doing something good .

Gal.5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

faith or belief is a fruit of the Spirit , God chooses us then puts his Spirit in us so that we can believe. we are not giving all the glory to God where it belongs when we say man can save himself by his belief . i hope that answers your questions.
jim