View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:04 AM
lei-kjvonly

Yes all you have to do is believe.

Romans 6:23 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved.

If you had to work for it, then what about the thief on the cross that accepted Christ? Christ told him that "today thou shalt be with Me in paradise." There was no work involved. He simply had to have faith and believe in Christ.

Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

I also do believe in predestination. According to foreknowledge. That's what the Bible says. If God just picked and chose who He wanted then He would be unjust and unfair. THAT IS NOT MY GOD! So would I have to tell somebody, "you were just one of the ones God chose to go to hell." If God picked then there is no need for missionaries, evangelists, preachers, going on visitation, and passing out tracts, because "one way or another they'll get to heaven because God chose them." Here's what God said about this:

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

The Bible says that when the lost are judged in the end that "they shall be without excuse." Let's face it they would have an excuse and it would probably go like this, "how come You didn't give the gift of grace to me but you gave it to him, he's no better than me, were both sinners aren't we?"
Do you see the point I'm trying to make?

Your viewpoint presents my God as being unfair. My Bible says:

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

In other words He is fair to all. He doesn't love a Jew more than a Gentile, or a Frenchman more than an American.

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

This verse above backs up what I was saying earlier, about how they shall be without excuse. God gives some flicker of Light (Jesus) to everyone so that everyone will have a chance to accept Him as Saviour. If He picked the people then why did He give the Light to every man?