View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
(Note: the capital "G" in the original 1611 KJV.)
By the way, I don't think this line of argumentation supports your case. This is not the only verse where an upper-case G in the 1611 edition was changed to lower-case g in subsequent editions. Another example is here:
Psalms 16:4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.
In the 1611 edition it reads "another God."
Psalms 44:20 If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange god;
1611 edition reads "strange God."

Also in Ps 81:9; Isa 43:12; Isa 44:10, 15; Dan 3:28; 4:8; lots of others -- I stopped counting here!

Here's another:
Acts 7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
1611 edition reads "your God Remphan." Should we also change that back?

The fact is that our current KJV represents a purification of previous editions (as the KJV itself was a purification of previous translation). When cross-referencing "god of this world" with "prince of the powers of the air," etc, clearly shows us that Satan is to whom this refers, it doesn't seem like a good idea to advocate that we revert this one lower-case g to upper-case because of previous editions.