View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlewis3348 View Post
I do not want anyone to misunderstand me. I do not believe that any of the modern translations are good and I do believe that they all contain drastic contradictions as a result of being translated from the Critical Text. And while I do believe that it is theoretically possible to have a new translation based on the Majority text that would be better for us today as a result of being in our modern language, I believe that such a translation would not be as accurate because it would not use the various more precise forms of different pronouns and words that do not exist today.
I humbly submit to you that it's this statement you must prayerfully reconsider based on the written Word of God.

Quote:
...I do believe that it is theoretically possible to have a new translation based on the Majority text that would be better for us today...
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever” (Psalm 12:6–7).

For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven” (Psalm 119:89).

“Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away” (Matthew 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33).

“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever” (Isaiah 40:8).

Brother, let us reason together with eyes of spiritual understanding. Surely you believe that God is able to preserve and keep His Word--every Word. Has He? If so, has He given it to humankind? Which version?

I remind you that as a follower of Christ, "...ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things" (1 John 2:20). Be still and be small and listen to the still, small voice of the Lord through His Word.