View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 AM

Default Who is the "bride" according to the prophets and the apostles?

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

1. No doubt, the "bride" is present BEFORE the cross. Who is that "bride"?

We know that John is presenting Christ to Israel, AS "the friend of the bridegroom"presents the bridegroom to the bride.

a. Did the bride accept the bridegroom? No.
b. Was the bride "ready" when the bridegroom came? No.
c. Did the "marriage" occur? No.
d. What happened to the "marriage"? Postponed.

2. Who recorded this event and who called Israel the "bride" here? John the Apostle.

3. When will the marriage be?

Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

The context of Revelation 19 is the Second Coming, and the "marriage" is at the Second Coming, after the "wife" hath made herself ready.
4. Who is the bride?

Revelation 21:9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will SHEW thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and SHEWED me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Revelation 21:11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had TWELVE gates, and at the gates
TWELVE angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the TWELVE tribes of the children of Israel:
14 And the wall of the city had
TWELVE foundations, and in them the names of the TWELVE apostles of the Lamb.

4. Who wrote the book of Revelation? The Apostle John, the same John who wrote John 3:29. Question and answer with the Apostle John:
1) Who is the "bride" in the book of John (chap 3)? Israel
2) Who is the "bride" in the book of Revelation (Chaps. 19,21)? Holy Jerusalem
3)When will the marriage be?Second Coming/MillenniumRevelation 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
4)Are you really sure, John? Yes, Jesus said so.
Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
5) Are you really sure? Yes, the OT prophets said so.
6) What about the church (the body of Christ), John? Wouldn't it be a problem if Christ has two wives?
I don't know what you're talking about - sounds "mystery" to me. What I wrote is consistent with what Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea, and the rest of the OT prophets wrote. You see, I'm writing prophecy. I'm writing about the "bride" that will get write one day and be accepted by the "bridegroom" once again. 7) But, John, haven't you read that Paul mentions something about "wife" and "chaste virgin espoused"? Well, you see Paul said "as", and I also wrote "as". If he compares the church to a wife, well, I compare Israel to a bride, as well as a wife.
8) What is the "marriage" all about? Kindly please ask Matthew; I think he explains what I've said here.Question and answer with Matthew:
1. What is the "marriage" all about?
Well, it's the Millennium, the "kingdom of heaven". During the literal, earthly reign of Christ, Christ will be REMARRIED with Israel after their long divorce. Notice, I said "the kingdom of heaven is LIKE" a "marriage".
Matthew 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
2. What about those "virgins"?
You mean, the ten virgins? I think John told you that the number "twelve" is associated with Israel. Haven't you noticed in the Bible that "ten" is associated with the Gentiles? Well, look at the context when I wrote Matthew 25. I was writing about the judgment of the "nations" there, don't you see?
Matthew 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be LIKENED unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Matthew 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations
: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

Question and answer with the Apostle Paul:
Who is the "bride"? ------------- (no mention)
I mentioned "wife" and "chaste virgin". "Bride" was used by Brother John when he wrote about Israel, so I did not use that word to describe the unique relationship of God and the Church.