View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:44 AM

Default Check out the "New" KJV

Gal 2:16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Php 3:9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;(NKJV)

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.(KJV)

Friends, I hear so many people preach about "the gift of grace", "grace as a gift". I usually stop clocks with some of my expositions of Scripture, but as I understand it grace, by virtue of it being grace, is a gift itself; the gift of Ephesians 2 is the faith.

Without the faith Christ had in John 17, the faith He had on the cross, I don't have faith to get me across the street. That faith He breathed into me by His Spirit in me and the Scriptures, and if someone says I don;t have the holy Scriptures, they best get up early and pack lunch proving that to me.

First part of this message is the NKJV corruption of these verses and this doctrine.

Grace and peace friends.

Tony