View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
I use the KJV in my private devotions (Cambridge, by the way). I teach from the KJV every Sunday to a class of about 50 scholars. I have the KJV on my computer and my PDA for quick reference. I have memorized somewhere around 50 chapters of the KJV. I have been going to churches that use the KJV since I was one week old. I probably would think long and hard before attending a church that did not use the KJV. I love it, cherish it, quote it, and live by it
That is wonderful stuff, you teach scholars from it, you have it on your computer, you have memorized 50 chapters, fantastic, you love it, cherish it, quote it and live by it. But Do you live by it, do you hold it as the infallible innerant word of God, or do you simply "prefer" it to other versions?

Whats with the nonsense you posted here...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Greektim,

I wonder where Peter, James, and John got their "degree"? Where did Paul & Apollos "matriculate" and get their "degree"? Where did the Lord Jesus Christ get His "degree"? Hmmm? What difference does it make WHERE someone got his "degree" or whether he even has a "degree" or not? Hmmm?

Are only those with people with "degrees" QUALIFIED to teach and preach God's word? Are only those people with "degrees" to be listened to and all of the rest of the men whom God has called (without "degrees") to be ignored?[/font]
You seem to be comparing Sam Gipp to the apostles or the Lord Jesus Christ.

Well, let me tell you something. I know the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ is a friend of mine, and Sam Gipp is no Lord Jesus Christ.

Try not to obfuscate, dodge, and change the subject without answering. The question was not "Does it matter where he got his degree?" The question was "Where did he receive his ThD?" If you know, please advance the conversation by answering. If you don't know, please advance the conversation with your silence.
Brother George simply stated, that none of the apostles required a "degree" to teach or preach, nowhere did he compare Sam Gipp to the status of apostle, he plainly said that a man does NOT require a degree or doctorate to preach or teach the word of God and was plainly using the unlearned disciples of The Lord Jesus Christ as an example(Not comparing Sam Gipp), just as Luke did.

Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Quote:
Actually, you surmised that he was fishing, and you jumped the gun.
No need to surmise when you read "all" of his posts. And see where he is coming from on HIS webspace. His position on the Bible version issue stands out like a sore thumb.

Last of all, your unprofitable posting on this forum has yet to bear any "scripture" When anyone is rebuked of their intentions (discernment which you appear to lack), their "oh so clear" intentions, it is done with scripture to back it up. So back to my question which one of your 15 posts contains Holy Scripture? (Considering this is a Bible Believing Forum) and do you simply "prefer" the KJB over the rest of the modern, emergent church apostate trash?

I will tell you one thing we must all stand before the Judgment seat of Christ, but I don't want to say to my Lord and Saviour "I couldn't find it" when he asks me why I didn't keep his word that he has preserved in one place, in one book, in one promise.

FINALLY don't start spouting of about "legalism" are you a friend of Jordan?
That was his favorite hand me down.

if there was ever a time more suited for this scripture below than its first application to Timothy, it is for today, the times we live in, the state of the church, its apostate nature and it weakened carnal Christian who has no idea they are in a war, has no idea "where" God has preserved his word, has no idea how to handle "rebuke", Pastors that have the attitude "sure, lets just let them keep making the mistakes, eventually they will learn, wont they?"
rather than chastising them with SCRIPTURE, they are feeding them on "the Greek" diminishing their belief in one Bible, diminishing their own belief in themselves in their knowledge of Gods word, thinking they must go to the Greek to be enlightened and edified. Its all phoney, its all a sham, its all a shame.

2 Timothy 4:1-8 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.