View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Gen 2 speaks of the finished 6 day creation we do not disagree with that.
Exodus in speaking of the 6 day creation. we do not disagree with that.
Mark 10 speaks of the 6th day of Creation he made them male and female. we do not disagree with that.

The beginning of 6 day creation was by our view after a great affliction that had taken place as mentioned in Mark 13, so Jesus is correct for the affliction to come will be like nothing ever to have happened since the six days creation. that would indicate the flood of Noah was nothing compared to what is to come or what had preceded the current 6 day creation. There will be stars hitting the earth, planetary shift, increase in solar heat, world wide drought and no wind. Imagine nothing like that has ever taken place since the 6 days of creation ever. But before the six day creation the earth had suffered something devastating and left it covered in waters. So in that sense we agree wit the Lord Jesus not your view of what he is saying.

We agree that there was a six day creation. all that has to do with this present world that is reserve for the fire.

the Lord is not obligated to tell us what happened before. He has only revealed what pertains to the current creation, of which was a result of the 6 day creation and the purposes for this earth and its creatures. And the KJV Bible is clear what that purpose is, the Glory of God.

your argument still does not answer 2 Peter 2:5 nor Job 38:4-7

Please I would prefer, because we already know some of you do not agree with our view, though you have never fully known what our view is. So go argue somewhere else. This is here in part to present a partial view of what we hold when we say "we beleive in a gap". You don't have agree and we respect your view and your right not to agree with ours.

Any helpful comments or rebuttles should be directed to the Authors email address in the above post. He will read all emails but may not respond to all of them.

Remember most of what is taught by young earth advocate is agreed by us. We differ only on the fact that we believe the earth is older than the current 6 day creation, and we believe the sons of God were created before the six day creation.

Again we don't agree with Millions of years old earth Evolutionists, Theistic Evolution, or Progress Creationism, we don't hold any view like those of the Day/Age theory where Day represent longer periods of time. We agree in a six day current creation which we are living in today.

Also we are not in agreement with the Humanistic Intelligent Design Movement which denies a GOD. We do however affirm that God is the Intelligent designer of all the current 6 day Creation has, and before and yet to come.
2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Obviously this is the flood of Gen 7. I think you meant 3:5.

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

Cross referenced with 2:5, Peter called the world before the flood of Gen 7 the old world, which would make this the same flood.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

This could easily be on the first day. God was about to create the earth but decided He wanted something to see this and glorify Him, so He created these angelic beings.

I know what your view is. I used to believe it until I was shown the obvious that you can't get around which you didn't get. Gen 2:1-3 Exo 20:11 and Mark 10:6 point to the obvious that the six days of creation were the beginning, and that there wasn't anything in creation before then. It says that God rested from ALL of his works and the creation of ALL that dwell in them. That means Satan, angels, cherubs, x, y, z, were ALL created in the six days.

If you're going to post something on a forum, don't expect everybody to let you post something and just pat you on the back for it.

Last edited by kevinvw; 02-26-2009 at 11:51 AM.