View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
"To me, with a book of the Bible such as this, one must compare it with other Scriptures to see if it contradicts what Paul writes." quote from Stephanos

Exactly, and Paul never calls the body of Christ Priest, Priests or priesthood. He never teaches we have a position as a priest or that we have a priesthood. And that can be seen quickly by word searching in any electronic Bible study program. we just don't compare scriptures cause people can do that and mix together their ideas of what scriptures to make a teaching and it still be false. importantly the key words must also be compared. in this case the word Priest.

Bible study programs cross references and the cross references in our bibles cannot be trusted 100%. for example in Brandon's sword searcher he uses Treasury of Scripture Knowledge for the cross referencing which is good, but like the ones in our Bibles they are not inspired. Bible published by Calvinist have a Calvinist cross reference system, Baptist Briders have their theology laid out in their cross reference, and so on and so forth. i.e. I have now seen three different publications of Scolfield's Bible each has a slightly different cross reference system used and the New Scoldfield the editors re did the whole cross reference system altogether.

So I have developed the habit of using the bible and its phrases and words as a natural inspired cross reference and in so doing some of the Doctrines of men come to light and you see that their specific influence comes out. Try not looking at your cross reference guides in your bible and get out your dusty old Strong's Concordance and start looking at the natural inspired cross reference preserved in your KJV Bibles by God himself. it wil be enlightening to you.

It seems you haven't got the understanding of the difference between essential doctrine (orthodox sound doctrines) and just plain teachings (doctrines) applications for life and godliness. In the sense that Sound Doctrine are the tenets of our faith. Kiwi called the Orthodox doctrines verses teaching that are not doctrines but applicable to the body of Christ.

Peter's books to me have a flavor of transitional from church age to Tribulation. or as it seems teaches both how Jews and gentiles can be saved in the Tribulation. I haven't fully sided with the hard core Dispensationals on the view it is all for Israel. to many applications for the church today and to gentiles by way of non essential doctrines.

the only thing in the whole 8 BAPTIST points I don't agree with is the P. not saying we are not ministers or have some spiritual purpose. just that Paul never teaches us we are priests
Yeah, and I would generally agree with you. I just can't get past the fact that for all intents and puproses Israel has been a physical nation with physical sacrifices. And that we as the body of Christ are a spiritual Kingdom and that we are able to understand the spiritual things in the OT through the Holy Spirit, of whom we are the spiritual temple:

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV)

I may be stretching things, but the parallels are unmistakable to me.

Concerning doctrine, I understood what you meant. I'm just trying to offer you suggestions in how to deal with those who don't come from a dispensatonal background (like I did). If someone who doesn't understand the dispensational rhetoric (for a lack of a better term) hears you say "not a doctrine" they will instantly put up a defensive all against anything you say.

Peace and Love,
Stephen