View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 01:40 AM

you do see they have to do something or lose their position or salvation in the text you posted earlier Hebrews 10:26-31 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, that is a loss of salvation in fiery indignation because it says the fiery indignation will devour the advisaries. the advisaries are the Devil, unbeleivers, enemies of the cross, and it will devour the willful sinner.

We as beleivers today do not expect to face a firey indignation if we sin wilfully now do we? If we do then Jesus didn't make enough atonement to cover all my sins and I have to work to keep my salvation. But Christ forgiveness was for all our sin and he justified us from all things. this does not give us license to sin however.

Are you going to tell us since you been saved you never sinned wilfully? Honestly I have. do I need to fear a fiery indignation? No because I reconized that it was wrong, I confessed it to the Lord, and I repented of it, sought forgiveness and reconciliation of those involved and made restitution.

If you want to know for sure if Paul wrote the Letter to the Hebrews. you will have to see Paul's own testimony on it 2 Thessalonians 3:17 The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write. The letter to the Hebrews does not bear his own token salutation as he said his letter would have.

But if he did write it as the KJV Translaters suppossed he did, he left the token out for a reason.

Yes, it was written to Beleiving Jews not Gentiles, in this letter they are always told to do something or add something along side their faith. which is not the gospel of Grace alone in the finished work of Christ. the Jews in Tribulation are the only ones left to read it as the ones in the past are gone. Unless you think today a beleiving Jew has more required on them than we do for salvation.

Now I am very open here like I said to the spiritual or devotional apllication for Today. but the there is not Doctrinal application today.

I also admit that I can't lump all the content of the letters from Hebrews -Revelation into Tribulation for some of it is apllicable for Doctrine today in and where it agrees with Paul's teaching.

Last edited by chette777; 08-26-2008 at 01:51 AM.