View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I disagree with Bro. Tony.

But I do not understand why you asked me.
Simple brother I wanted to know what you thought about it.

Quote:
Also, your post gets pretty close to exactly what I said I will not tolerate. You are now accusing Tony of trying to spread leaven, when he practically had to be tied up to the rack and stretched then shoved into an iron maiden before he would even discuss the topic with you.
I didn't start the thread, Brandon.
I actually tried to avoid the dispute on several occasions and still am—look at all my posts and you will see that.

Quote:
I am not beholden to Baptist theology; my final authority is the Bible itself.
As is mine.

Quote:
It does not offend me to have my beliefs challenged with Scripture. I don't agree with Tony's conclusions, but he has only tried to argue his position from Scripture, and that only after being urged to by several people. If this thread can't stay civil I will shut it down.
Well by all means shut it down I don't care.
Tony is suggesting that believer's baptism (which is not confined to Baptist Theology, in fact I wasn't even baptized in a Baptist church!) is a dead work of the Mosaic law. As I understand it, that's Bullingerism. I'm not offended, angry or juggling donuts, but that is bad doctrine, and it should be exposed for what it is—no matter who is involved. It won't negate my love for Tony but it is what it is.