View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:50 PM

I sure will be in prayer with you. I understand about the nervous part. When I was a young Christian, I recall witnessing to another young person. My stomach was fluttering, eyes were probably opened wide, and my breathing was rapid. I built up the nerve and blasted him with, "Man! Are you saved!?" At which point, I kid you not, his cheek quivered and he hurried inside his home.

Brother Stephen, the biblical truths that have really helped me the most are:

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men" (Matthew 4:19).

I've read, taught, and used various methods, but the best tool has been to simply love, follow, and allow Jesus to make me a fisher of men. Spontaneous and free. Just be a "leaky seed basket" wherever and whenever.

Another encouraging verse is the one just prior to Jesus giving the command to go.

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth" (Matthew 28:18).

The One who has all power abides in you. He makes you a fisher of man. He sends forth laborers, He enables, equips, and empowers.

Therefore, I remind, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might" (Ephesians 6:10).