View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post

Where is the grace you ask? Where is the mind that is the question I ask? Where is the mental leadership? Oh we have it from a guy that dose not have the will power to stop popping pills after he no longer needs them. I'm sure William F. Buckley, Thomas Jefferson, Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, Leonard Read, Hans F. Sennholtz, Frederic Bastiat, Henry Hazlitt, Paul L. Poirot, Murray N. Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises would be very proud of what we have become as a movement and a nation.
Funny how several of the people you listed were addicted to nicotine.

Rush isn't my "leader" and that's not the point; I don't have much use for any political party any more. The fact that he got addicted to pain medicine for a while doesn't have anything to do with any of this. Yes, I'm still asking "where's the grace" because you show none. In this thread Rush could be any average joe off the street. Your attitude is shockingly typical of so many independent Baptists these days.

Rush doesn't make me "proud to be an American" -- maybe some people feel that way about him; who cares. But if my belief in the Bible had anything to do with how other people who claim to believe the Bible behave, you'd make me ashamed to be a Christian.

Are you hoping this guy dies before accepting the Gospel? Would you get some kind of pleasure at his torment in hell? All because he got addicted to a prescription medicine? And why does your hero list include smokers like Rand and Buckley? What about their will power to quit an addiction? Why the double standard?

You don't like Rush, that's fine -- you don't like what he says, or you think he dumbs down the conversation for entertainment -- I can respect that. But singling out a physical failing like you did is vindictive and spiteful and shows none of the grace that the Lord showed you when he saved you.