View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 07:50 PM

Default Re; " works after salvation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
I think it's kind of cute, myself.
It's an affectionate, brotherly/sisterly type of term.

Ephesians 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not : convenient but rather giving of thanks.

You can make it "mean" anything you want (typical) - but it was discourteous and impolite (you don't know me nearly that well), and if I have anything to do with it, you never will.

You stated in AV1611 Bible Forums > Doctrine > "works after salvation" > Thread #1:

"biblereader's quote":
Quote:
"So, you are either damned forever, or you have eternal life, based on how you behaved towards the hungry, the thirsty, prisoners, those who need clothing, and shelter."
That "comment" was NOT in the form of a question - it was a DECLARATIVE statement claiming that a person's "eternal life" is "based on" HOW THEY BEHAVE - i.e. "WORKS"! My reply (Post #5) to your post (Thread #1) was both respectful and courteous (although your statement was so outrageous, that it deserved a firm reproof), and the fact that you didn't understand what I said and disagreed with the rest of of my Post didn't justify your insolent remarks.

I grow tired of feminist Christian women who operate on their "FEELINGS" and IGNORE the Scriptures wherever they cross their "FEELINGS", and who take it upon themselves to instruct men in the ways of the Lord (8.5 Posts per day) - especially when your Posts reveal an appalling lack of spiritual discernment and understanding, and especially since you have been here for less than two weeks.

As far as you Post #25 is concerned:

It wasn't "CUTE" - it was BRASH! It's wasn't "FUNNY" - It was BRAZEN! It wasn't "AFFECTIONATE" - It was "DEMEANING"!

I'm not used to being treated this way by a woman - any woman; and I don't intend to get "used to it" now, not at my age. Maybe next time you'll try to emulate some of the other women on the Forum like sister Jassy, or sister greenbear who both are also newcomers to the Forum, but have been extremely courteous, polite and respectful - instead of rude and insulting.