View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 07:00 PM

Bro George

I am not offended. And I knew Jesus was only sent unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matt 15:24)

I knew this. But what do the scriptures following Matt 15:24 say?

Matt 15:21 Then Jesus went thence, and departed into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.
23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Now, I believe in rightly dividing the word, because the Bible says we should study to be approved unto God, rightly dividing the word.

And I respect you very much as a teacher and have learned much from you. And I am not trying to offend you. But in this case you stopped short.

And this is the problem I see with "rightly dividing the word". Some seem to see the scriptures as fixed. They can only understand the scriptures as they personally see the scriptures divided. But myself, I do not always see the scriptures divided the way others do. And the verses I just showed (Matt 15:27-28) are a good example.