View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 03:16 PM

"Saw...took"-lost and saved by a look

(bold is my emphasis)

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman SAW(emphasis mine) that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she TOOK(emphasis mine) of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat". Genesis 3:4-6

" When I SAW(emphasis mine) among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and TOOK(emphasis mine) them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it. " Joshua 7:21-22

"And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he SAW(emphasis mine) saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? And David sent messengers, and TOOK(emphasis mine)took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house." 2 Samuel 11:2-4

And thus, the pattern: Saw-Took

"But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." James 1:14-15

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 1 John 2:16

Notice however:

"And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died... And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set ! it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he LOOKETH(emphasis mine) looketh upon it, shall live.And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he BEHELD(emphasis mine)beheld the serpent of brass, he lived." Numbers 21:6, 8,9

"LOOK(emphasis mine) unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:22

"LOOKING(emphasis mine) unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" Hebrews 12:2.

As mankind became lost, "dead " by a look, so is mankind saved, "alive" by a look to "...the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"(Titus 2:13)- for "BEHOLD(emphasis mine) the Lamb of God."(John 1:29,36)

In Christ,

John M. Whalen