View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:44 AM

I dont beleive these gifts have been done away with. the gifts of the Spirit are different than what qwas happening as a sign in Act 2. these gift will be taken up again in the Tribulation. but as for today I have yet to see it working the way it was in is supposed to according to 1Cor12-14.

dispensationally there is a gift of tngues but it has an interpretation. I have heard of very few that have interpreted. most it is nonsence or demonic. for tongues always glorify's the work of God. I have heard of people being convicted of supposed crimes becasue they spoke in a tongue and someone else interpreted it as a confession to rape and murder. That does not jive with Bible use of Tongues.

Plus I have seen and heard Bhudist monks floatinf off teh ground eating hot coals speak in perfect English. who when I spoke to them in the street couldn't understand a word of it nor speek it. they had tongues. also I have seen demon possessed people speak some of the same type of Jiberish I have seen in some Charismatic churches too.

so though I may be open to tongues as a gift to edify the church. it better be according to Biblical standard or I will tell you to shut up in my church.