View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Mind and Body, don't take it personal.
You asked a good question and I think everyone has tried to answer in their own way. The doctrine of Biblical repentance is important and I'm glad we have the opportunity to discuss it.
I agree with Bro. Parrish, don't mistake a fervent love for God and the Scriptures as being hostile. I'm one of the most intense people you ever want to meet as evidenced by my membership at "FFF".

MAB, brother George is a valuable asset to us and this forum, just as you are. Roman Catholics are no better, nor any worse, than any other sinner that needs Christ. Many of us are zealous, yes, but not hostile. You, me, all of us are part of One Body but many members, we are all individuals and have different personalities but you and all of us are united in the ONLY THING you can unite more than 2 human beings on in a true manner: The Gospel Of Christ.

Look in the Scriptures at the "firstborn". Always the firstborn falls short of the mark except for One: He Who is Firstborn from the dead. Cain, Ishmael, Esau. Look at God's firstborn son, the nation of Israel. Then look for the counterfeits for everything that is of God. Look at Jesus and Satan's conversation in Luke 4 and how Satan tried to back his deceit with Scripture and Christ's answer to Him: It is written. There is always a phony for what is True. The Jews have the Torah, and then the "Talmud", the opinions of the self-righteous "rabbis" that adds to the word of God. Look at Judaism and it's counterfeit, Islam. The True Christian Body of Christ has a counterfeit: Roman Catholicism. They all, each and every one of them stand one micron from the truth of the power of God unto salvation. That micron may as well be as wide as the boundaries of the Universe. That's how far Mormon's, Catholics, JWs, Church Of Christ, or the worst barfly sinner you can find is from the Presence of Christ.

My little town has become so inundated with Mexicans the local Catholic Church has tore down the old church to the foundations and rebuilt one larger. I'm going to dedicate myself to making that construction worthless. I want to see that church empty now, looking through a glass darkly, but then face to face with Christ I want to see the former members of it in heaven with me and all of us in this forum.

Grace and peace my friend.

Tony