View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Forrest,

I don't do this very often, but I am going to recommend a book for your research. There are lots of books on this subject: some are "dry as dust"; others are intellectual and spiritual "minefields"; and others still, are way out (the "Hypers"-{Greek} & the "Ultras"-{Latin}).

Outside of Peter Ruckman's "The Sure Word of Prophecy" (formerly known as "the Kingdom of God vs, The Kingdom of heaven") The best book that I have read on this subject is: "The Bible Believer's Guide To Dispensationalism" by David E. Walker (Copyright 2006).

Brother Walker is the pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Monticello, Florida, and he has written a clear, concise, and very informative 400+ page book (written for us "common folk" - easily to be understood) that covers practically all "forms & schools" of Dispensationalism (including even the hypers & ultras) for the readers comparison.

Brother Walker references the two "kingdoms" in several places in his book and clearly lays out the "differences" between them.

I hope this may be of some help to you, as there are few subjects in the Bible that are as misunderstood as this one. I still haven't got a "complete handle" on it, after reading at least 20-25 books on Dispensationalism over the past 40 + years!

Hi all,

Thank you George, for speaking out on this subject. Your openess about
'still haven't got a "complete handle" on it..etc...made me realize that a lot
of us haven't had teaching on this....so, we hesitate to comment on
the thread...or what teaching they've had..is,'dry as dust'

A couple of the members on another thread came over and tried to
post what they had studied out..but somehow their posts DIDN't make
it? Not sure what happened, but they are very solid, KJV Bible believers,
not given to' own agendas' . Maybe they will try posting again.

I hope more people will add to the discussion..its a great topic!

Blessings,

Billie