View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
What are the differences between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven?
Aloha brother Forrest,

I don't do this very often, but I am going to recommend a book for your research. There are lots of books on this subject: some are "dry as dust"; others are intellectual and spiritual "minefields"; and others still, are way out (the "Hypers"-{Greek} & the "Ultras"-{Latin}).

Outside of Peter Ruckman's "The Sure Word of Prophecy" (formerly known as "the Kingdom of God vs, The Kingdom of heaven") The best book that I have read on this subject is: "The Bible Believer's Guide To Dispensationalism" by David E. Walker (Copyright 2006).

Brother Walker is the pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Monticello, Florida, and he has written a clear, concise, and very informative 400+ page book (written for us "common folk" - easily to be understood) that covers practically all "forms & schools" of Dispensationalism (including even the hypers & ultras) for the readers comparison.

Brother Walker references the two "kingdoms" in several places in his book and clearly lays out the "differences" between them.

I hope this may be of some help to you, as there are few subjects in the Bible that are as misunderstood as this one. I still haven't got a "complete handle" on it, after reading at least 20-25 books on Dispensationalism over the past 40 + years!