View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
READ FIRST: I will be posting some questions here that were brought up by an Atheist/Agnostic "Freethought Group." I don't belong to this group. Someone I know that is somewhat antagonistic towards Christians does. So, the "I" is NOT me. Perhaps people here can help in responding to these questions. I'll post them as "Questions from Atheists 1" "....2" etc.

2. In Christianity, belief is more important than action. Even though Christians love to say, "Faith without works is dead," they are forced to concede that no matter how terrible of a life a person leads, if they accept Jesus as their lord and savior and repent of their sins on their death bed, they get their golden ticket into heaven, all is forgiven. That is, unless they blaspheme the holy spirit. These people are just toast, but child rapists and murderers - just find Jesus and you're fine.
Jassy, here again I must return to my response of the first question, how does what is finite stand in judgment of what is infinite?

"Faith without works is dead" is not cited by all "Christians", the book of James is Tribulation doctrine, and not one in 20,000 Christians understand the dispensational position of James, let alone atheists and agnostics.

Holy Ghost blasphemy is another one that is misquoted rather than wrongly divided. The misquotation is not reading a followup verse that explains exactly what this sin is:

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Have you told Jesus Christ personally that He performed His miracles by the power of the devil?

These "atheists" are nothing more than perfect little parrots of their father, the devil, in Genesis 3, questioning God's words, His motives, his judgments.

A friend of mine once was an agnostic, and made the mistake of calling to my attention the "mistakes" in the KJV. I went out to myc ar, brought it in, handed it to him, and told him I'd like to see 2-300 "mistakes". When he opened the Bible he opened it upside down and turned pages with the words wrong skeediddle while he continued to talk. As Jed Clampett once said, piiitiful piiiiiiiitiful.

Grace and peace

Tony