View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Rodriguez View Post
Well I guess I better give my opinion because I really don't have something up my sleeve. I just really want to know what others opinions are on Shelton Smith's position on the KJB.

Personally, I say YES. He is a Bible-believer according to what he wrote in the article. However, I keep hearing from others that Shelton Smith is not a Bible-believer or that he is just taking a compromising position on the KJB that doesn't go far enough. Yet this doesn't jive with what I'm reading in Shelton Smith's writings. So the reason I made this thread is simply to hear (read) the opinion of some of the good brethren here as to what it is that they may think Shelton Smith is lacking in his position that would qualify him to be a true KJB believer (all the way - 100%). Because again, I'm reading his stuff and he is clearly stating that he believes the KJB is the inspired, infallible, preserved, pure words of God in English. So what is that I'm missing?
Manny, every man or ministry has it's supporters and detractors. If you go to Dr. Ruckman's website you can download his monthly bulletin in .pdf file back to the year 2004. For a number of months he ran a series about Smith that seems to contradict this page and statement you posted. You can read Doc Pete's stuff and also Google Smith on this topic. I don't read SOTL simply because I guess, and this may be a character flaw in me and possibly arrogance on my part, I consider my Biblical study and conclusions to be quite a bit advanced beyond what they teach and what their doctrine is. John Rice was a good man but he made no secret of his love for his ASV and though he was a light year wide on his topics he was maybe a half inch deep. Christianity is not a lifestyle, Christianity is warfare. Curtis Hutson didn't care for any kind of conflict or rebuke. Jack Hyles? Fugettaboutit. You couldn;t get me within 20 light years of Hyles. I thought the man was a Pharisee and if Nixon had had Hyles in charge of the Watergate coverup, Nixon would be remembered with praise rather than condemnation.

I'm like Luke brother Manny. I tend to interact and make value judgments on Christians on an individual basis. If you locate any information that runs contrary to this statement of Smith's I'm sure many would be interested in seeing it.

Grace and peace to you

Tony