View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
OK - first keep this Scripture in mind:
"He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption." Acts 2:31
Someone I know has said,
"To really know Christ you have to know Satan. To have knowledge you have to eat from the tree of life in order to understand sin and grow as a person. Sometimes in my life in order for me to grow as a person and a Christian I need to to go between two extremes to really understand God. After all when Christ was baptized he first sunk below the earth into hell and then arose out of the earth. Christ himself had to experience hell before he could experience God."
I know how WRONG this view is. How do I prove the truth with this person?
Just one more point regarding the last sentence, Christ did not need to EXPERIENCE GOD, because HE IS GOD, and HE ALWAYS WAS.

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." - John 8:57-58

To really UNDERSTAND GOD, we need to be born again and read God's Book, the King James Bible! It sounds you need to share the Gospel with your friend to help them understand the true nature of God and how Jesus can help them have victory over hell and the grave.