View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George;20334I will NOT fellowship with ANYONE who is called a "Christian"[I
,[/I] who ADDS; SUBTRACTS; or CHANGES the Holy words of God as found in the King James Bible;
I think you mean who changes it in a way that is unacceptable to you?

Because I am sure that when you or your Pastor get up to preach the Bible, you just don't read from it and then sit down? I am sure to take the time to convey the truth and explain in in a way that your audience will understand.

For example, I preached this Sunday night from Ephesians 4:11-16 and in verse 12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" I explained how this perfecting carries the meaning of well-rounded or mature. In the strictest application of your statement I have changed or added to the Word of God, have I not?

Since our fellowship is around the Word of God, with salvation being the starting point, you have drawn the line that you both must have the same Bible. But if the Bible they have is 50% the Word of God, why is it that you could not fellowship on that 50% and be a blessing and an encouragement to a fellow brother in Christ?

If I liken the Bible Version Issue (maybe a new thread) to a Liberty in Christ Issue (Romans 14). Who would you say is the stronger brother and who would you say is the weaker brother on the Bible Issue?