View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Haha, wow those are some crazy stories, and funny too...
I never took a knife from a guy but I did almost get a beating in front of an abortion clinic one time (that was as close as I have ever come to a demon possessed bunch for sure).
I salute you for your honesty Bro. Tony, a.k.a. Count Dracula!
Romans 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

I would feel in a bit of a predicament were that to happen to me in lieu of the above Scripture Bro. Parrish, Doc Ruckman is not the only one trained in akido.
One brother once told me I was a lot like Peter. A bit passionate is the context. But Paul says also to in the same chapter to offer ourselves as a living sacrifice for the gospel's sake. We don;t go out to witness with the intent of turning it into a brawl, as Satan would like to happen.

The pastor of the church we attended for reasons unknown ended church support of the street ministry. We never got it off the ground again. In the months prior we had one man, a janitor, who drunkenly berated us in the most foul language, tired to embarrass the women, brandish a mop at us. I suppressed my Dracula-like tendencies and we just waited on God. We continued with no incidents, save for rocks and bottles and fluids in baggies. The very last night we were down there, this man came to my brother, the six foot+ exMarine, with tears in his eyes he apologized and said for us "...not to leave him, alone there..." I told him with God, you are never alone. My buddy witnessed to him with more tears, THAT made the entire sum total of abuse we took worth it. THAT was the power of God happening right there. To change a heart is the hardest thing to do, not exceed the speed of light or balance the national budget.

We're seated in heavenly places already. We could just be Calvinists and sit back and do nothing. We need to ignore the abuse and be compassionate with these people and compassionate to them. If taking a punch or a slash with a knife would help someone avoid hell, well, Paul said he'd gladly be damned in exchange for Israel's salvation.

We walk by faith and not by sight, but nothing edifies another Christian so much as to let them witness to a lost person. If a Christian don't love sinners then they need to write tracts, wax the church floors, bake pies for the charity auctions. Arthur Blessit logged 36,000 miles on FOOT for sinners, Jesus Christ died for them. What's so hard for us?

I never saw that drunk again, I hope someday I see him kneeling at Christ's feet where I can join him.

Grace and peace brother

A Kinder, Gentler Tony