View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 06:50 AM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default God's perfect Book - the King James Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
In the 40 years that I have been engaged in this “battle”, I have never seen anyone ever become “convinced” of our position through manuscript evidence; textual criticism arguments; or the history of the so-called text “families”; etc.; etc.: (endless).

In order to defend our position it is necessary for us to know these things, but on the other hand the most effective “tool" that I have seen in convincing people of “our position” has been the comparison of the weak versions with the Holy Scriptures (And you know what I’m referring to!).

Thanks again for your hard (boring & tiring) work.

Mahalo nui loa,

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy, Infallible word,
Hi brother. Thank you for the words of encouragement. I agree with what you say about all the manuscript evidence and textual criticism methods. The evidence is overwhelmingly on the side of the King James 'type' of Bible, but few if any are convinced by these arguments.

However, once you take the position that God meant what He says again and again about how "the Scripture cannot be broken", "the word of the Lord endureth forever" and "heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall not pass away", and if you believe that God cannot lie nor is He confused, then the weaknesses of all the modern versions become far more evident.

By the way, I don't speak Hawaiian but I do know Spanish - ¡Qué Dios te bendiga!

Will K