View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
AV1611 Bible Forums > Bible Versions > A Bible Believers Response to "King James Onlyism; A New Sect, by James Price > Posts #1, #2, #3
Aloha brother,

#1. Excellent – #2. Excellent – #3. Excellent!

Just got through reading all three posts, and once again I am very thankful that you are on “our side”. Keep up the excellent work – I’m glad you’re doing it, I’m growing weary.

These “Textual” arguments have been going on since the textual “critics” were given “credence” in the 1700’s and then they became “authoritative” by the late 1800’s and now throughout the 20th. Century they have arrived at one singular, solitary “conclusion” and that is we can’t be sure of just exactly where God’s word is, or what it actually says – BUT, one thing is for sure, it couldn’t possibly be the King James Bible!

In the 40 years that I have been engaged in this “battle”, I have never seen anyone ever become “convinced” of our position through manuscript evidence; textual criticism arguments; or the history of the so-called text “families”; etc.; etc.: (endless).

In order to defend our position it is necessary for us to know these things, but on the other hand the most effective “tool" that I have seen in convincing people of “our position” has been the comparison of the weak versions with the Holy Scriptures (And you know what I’m referring to!).

Thanks again for your hard (boring & tiring) work.

Mahalo nui loa,

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy, Infallible word,