View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
Hi Tony, thanks for all the scripture references. They are going to the margin of my Bible. Please take care.
Tim, this verse I want you to look at is one of my illustrations of how people CAN teach a heresy, this verse is from a KJV. You must remember till the JWs "translated" their own Bible all they had were a few out in left field things like the "Emphatic Diaglott", they established themselves and Charles Taze Russell founded the JWs by teaching from a KJV. The NIV is now and I think will remain our main enemy among the "versions" for many years as it is the New INTERNATIONAL Version and is being marketed as "all bibles to all unlearned". Let me show you what we could do just with a KJV:

Zec 2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

I just gave you the Scriptural proof for Santa Claus. Didn't I?

Could I not teach to millions of children that yes, he flees from the land of the north bearing gifts in all directions, all over the earth, on Christmas Eve, a holy day? Hey, the Lord DID say it, didn't He? I mean, Santa must be God as the little song says, he knows when you've been sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been bad or good, be good for goodness sake? Don't the little extra Biblical song subscribe to Santa the attributes of Deity?

And millions would believe that and before long I'd be driving a Cadillac.

You see how easy it is to teach error and heresy from a KJV, how much easier is it to teach it from just another translation of Vaticanus?

Hold fast Tim, all the days of your life and never depart from your KJV.

Grace and peace to you brother.

Tony