View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traditional Anglican View Post
Brethren, I just got the new Mac-Book Pro. It is AMAZING!!! I have long been fond of Mac (and their obvious superiority ) SO I just wondered, who in the AV Forum prefers what???? Clunky PC or SLEEK Mac!
My weapon of choice is the Commodore 128 with 512 k ram module. NEVER has it crashed on me. It's not fitting into Bill Gate's monopolistic practices, I am cursed to use PCs due to their availability.

Comparing Macs to PCs(with MS OS, not Linux) is like comparing the 2009 Dodge Challengers to a VW. Mac's are however priced beyond the common man's reach, but when my financial situation changes, my next NEW computer will be a Macbook or a G5. I had an older Mac that ran OS8. You could not crash it. I have an Apple II and the one with the monitor and everything built in also.

I am running 32 bit Windows 98 and refuse to upgrade. I see no reason to upgrade to the M-16 since I can do the same damage with an M-1 Garand. Nowhere is the concept of planned obsolescence more blatant than with computer software.

If I have my druthers give me a Mac G-5 and leave me alone.

Grace and peace

Tony