View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 07:25 AM

This thread has probably existed on every forum across the Internet, lol!

Quote:
The Mac guy looks like an MV user....
I was just thinking: "The PC guy looks like a baptist preacher.." right before I read Brother Tim's response!! lol!!!

In case folks here don't know, I work in IT, everything from servers to workstations, and all manners of software in between.
I personally own PCs, but have had a few macs along the way, although never a macbook or Apple laptop. I happen to have a really slick HP-TX1218 tablet PC, which is way cooler than any macbook, the only problem is it came with Vista, and only vista drivers for all of its toy features.

From a professional standpoint, all IT guys hate Microsoft platforms, but still, you can get more done in a PC environment, and you have control over it too. When people know what they're doing with Windows, a: they don't run vista and b: they tweak the machines to perfection.
I have a monster desktop with great specs, and like every desktop I've ever had running xp or 2k, they never crash. I get no errors whatsoever, and I have NO antivirus either. One just has to know how to setup and use a Windows machine.

Now people that are really in the know run a linux flavor on another machine, often their daily-use machine, or their home server. I play with different linuxes on another laptop, but since I never learned to code or really get into unix, I'm stuck at the user-level. Still tho, only in open-source does the ability to smartly compute (2Tim2:15, lol) become available.

One other thing, how did PC get 1004 votes when there are only 485 registered members on this forum?