View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I will need to read your post more and study up. but from what I see is that this is a post tribulational comment by McKeever. If we have to endure then our salvation is not complete in Christ and our salvation is not by faith alone but also of works in this case enduring. there is truly no dispensational division being done here but a combining of scripture to make this teaching.

In Matthew it is Jews, not the body of Christ, that are told to endure compare with Rev 2-3 which is are also Jewish churches. the tribulation is Gods wrath pour out on unbelieving man and the finishing of Israel's Chastisement.

Paul teaches we are saved from the wrath. Namely because Christ bore the wrath of God's judgement for our sins on the cross.

these are just a few of the verse that come to mind as our not going through any part of the 7 year Tribulation

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1Thess 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Yes I agree we are saved from wrath but not from tribulation. If they persecuted Jesus then they will do the same to us. Tribulation is a norm in the life of a Christian. But it seems that people don't have faith in God's power. Can God not pour out His wrath on the wicked and destroy the world without removing the saints? He did it before with Noah. And He left Israel in Egypt while He poure out His wrath. And one would have to agree that I Th 5:9 and Romans 5:9 all though they say we are save and not appointed to wrath, they DO NOT say you will not go through tribulation or the great tribulation.

Going back to Revelation 11. It's hard to deny the events that happen when that 7th Trumpet sounds. The events describe go right along with what Jesus and many others said would happen when He returns. And how can one deny the words of the angel in Chapter 10. He said there would be time no longer after the 7th angel sounded. God promised Noah that while the earth remained that there would be time. But we know that when Jesus comes that the sun and moon are confounded and the earth is destroyed so that doesn't break God's promise to Noah. But more importantly the angel said when the 7th angel sounded that the Mystery of God should be finished as He declared to his servants the prophets. That includes Daniel, Ezekiel, Even John (who is writing this stuff down).

Rev 11 goes with 1 Cor15 and I Thess 4.

But please answer about the parables of Matthew 13 where Jesus said that the harvest is NOT until the END of the world.