View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Default Re: "CALVINISM: Sound Doctrine?"

Aloha all,

The following is my third Post concerning the doctrines of Calvinism.

T.U.L.I.P. {the famous acronym associated with Calvinistic beliefs}
U = Unconditional Election”

{The word “election” is Scriptural - The Phrase “Unconditional Election” cannot be found in the Bible! As a matter of fact – the words “conditional” and/or “unconditional” do not appear one time in Scripture!}

Calvinists state:
God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual. He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual.

I do not agree with the statement: God does not base His election on anything He sees in the individual.” If the statement is in reference to “works”, I will agree, but if it is in reference to “BELIEF”, then I CANNOT agree. “ANYTHING” would include “BELIEF” – can you see the confusion (again) of thinking that “BELIEF” (an operation of the heart) is a “WORK” (an operation of the flesh)?

No one can argue with:He chooses the elect according to the kind intention of His will (Eph. 1:4-8; Rom. 9:11) without any consideration of merit within the individual.All genuine Bible believers would go along with this statement {since MERIT = WORKS}, unless someone lumps in “MERIT” = “BELIEF”! You see how it goes? Can you see how vitally important WORDS are?

IF “MERIT” equals “WORKS”, then we can agree with the statement, without any reservations, for all true Bible believers know that God has not chosen the “elect” because of their “WORKS” – that would nullify BELIEF & FAITH & SALVATION by GRACE! But, if “MERIT” includes “BELIEF”, that would nullify the separate purposes of the heart and the flesh, making them both THE SAMEwhich they are NOT; which would ultimately make “BELIEF” a WORK”which it is NOT! {Can you see how TOTAL DEPRAVITY is the Lynchpin” upon which “Calvinism” relies?}

Let’s examine the verses cited [Ephesians 1:4-8] in context and “rightly divide” God’s words:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

NOTHING in Ephesians 1:4-8 tells us THE BASIS for God “choosing” us (the elect). It is clear, however, that God has “chosen us in Him - before the foundation of the world” to beholy and without blame before him in love:– are ALL Christians “holy and without blame before him in love”? Christians can believe in God “choosing”, and in "calling", "election", "predestination", "justification", and "eternal salvation", "preservation" (NOT "perseverance") without being a Calvinist. We also can believe in "whosoever will" without being an Armenian! It's NOT an "either/or" proposition, no matter how hard some (in either "camp") try to force us into one or the other.

The chronological order is: [Ephesians 1:13]In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, God did not look down from Heaven before the foundation of the world and go – Eenee Meenee Miny Moe; nor did He willy nilly just “choose” without “FOREKNOWLEDGE”; and here is where “the rubber meets the road” - WHAT WAS THAT FOREKNOWLEDGE BASED ON?
1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
The Scriptures clearly state that the “Elect” are according to the “foreknowledge” of God the Father – But the BASIS of “foreknowledge” is not clearly defined in the above verse.

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
In the above verse - “Foreknowledge” is clearly defined as God “knowing”, ahead of time, about events that were going to take place in the future.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
In the above verse those: “whom he did “foreknow” are “predestined to be conformed to the image of his son”. Are all Christians “conformed” to the “image” of Christ today? Has there ever been a time in church history when they were? This verse is not talking about our “Salvation”; it’s talking about how “whom he did “foreknow” (all those who have been saved - born again) will someday be just like Jesus Christ. [1Corinthians 15:49] The BASIS of God’s “foreknowledge” is NOT explained (or defined) in the verse – only the fact that all thosewhom he did foreknow are predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” To be “conformed to the image of His Son” is the ultimate destiny of every single person (man, woman, or child) that has ever BELIEVED in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Romans 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
In the above verse: those He “foreknew” are clearly Jews (Hebrews) – NOT Christians! How someone can build a “Major Doctrine” upon so few verses is beyond me.

SOME MORE EXAMPLES OF “FOREKNOWLEDGE”

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.
24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

John 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. {Please read through to John 6:59}

John 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that BELIEVED NOT, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, THEREFORE said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. {See: John 6:44 – 59}

Please notice that the three foregoing examples of “foreknowledge” clearly demonstrate that:

#1. The Lord Jesus Christ refused to “commit Himself unto them” – BECAUSE HE “FOREKNEWAHEAD OF TIME what the people would do. {That is - He based His actions in response to His “foreknowledge” of the people’s intent.}

#2. The Lord Jesus Christ MAKES A SPECIFIC STATEMENT – Based on the fact that HE “FOREKNEWAHEAD OF TIME “who should betray Him”. {That is – He specifically said something in response to His “foreknowledge” of future events.}

#3. The Lord Jesus Christ specifically MAKES A STATEMENT – In response to the fact that He FORE -knew from the beginning who they were that BELIEVED NOT!!! Did you get that? The Lord Jesus Christ makes a particular statement - BECAUSE He knew AHEAD OF TIME, "from the beginning", (BASED ON HIS “FOREKNOWLEDGE”) “WHO they were that BELIEVED NOT, and WHO should betray Him”. Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, based his actions and response on WHAT someone BELIEVED or did NOT BELIEVE!

And now let us examine the other verse cited [Romans 9:11] in support of Calvin’s doctrine:
Romans 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

After examining the Scripture (in context) cited by the Calvinists in support of their doctrine, can any one say that Romans 9:11 has any thing to do with an individual (Jew or Gentile) being “elected” by God unto “eternal salvation”? Who is the “US” in Verse 24? In the context, Paul is certainly not talking about “individual salvation”; he is revealing a “mystery” (unknown to the Jews) - that God’s “calling” is NOT limited to “the Jews only, but also the Gentiles” {PLURAL!}.

Calvinists state:
Nor does God look into the future to see who would pick Him. Also, as some are elected into salvation, others are not (Rom. 9:15, 21).”
Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Romans 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

WHAT do the two verses cited have to do with being “elected into salvation”? We are “elected” according to the “foreknowledge” of God. That “foreknowledge” is based on SOMETHING and we know that it is NOT on our WORKS (i.e. something we have done in the flesh). Then WHAT is God’s “foreknowledge” BASED ON? That is the $64,000,000 question!

Let’s examine a few verses of Scripture and compare the Holy words of God with the doctrines of Calvinism – shall we?

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
WHY didn’t God say: because they received not the ELECTION, that they might be saved.
WHY all the concern about people having “the love of the truth” – IF they are already unconditionally elected into salvation”? What difference would it make, whether they loved “the truth”, or NOT - IF they are already “unconditionally elected into salvation”?

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
WHY is God sending them “strong delusion”, so that “they should BELIEVE a lie” – IF some are elected into salvation, (and) others are not; WHY bother with sending people “strong delusion, that they should believe a lie– IF some are elected into salvation, (and) others are not? What is the point? WHY the emphasis on “belief” instead of election, unless “belief” or “unbelief” (NOT “electionALONE) is the ultimate deciding factor in determining whether we are saved or lost?

2 Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
WHY the concern about people either believing the truth or NOT believing the truth – IF some are elected into salvation, others are not? If Calvinism is true - shouldn’t the verse read: That they all might be damned who are not elected into salvation? WHY does Almighty God keep emphasizing “BELIEF” – and Calvinism keeps emphasizing “Total Depravity” or “Unconditional Election”?

2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
WHY do the Scriptures stress “belief of the truth:” when talking about God choosing us “to salvation” – rather than “ELECTION”? IF some are elected into salvation, (and) others are not is true - WHERE does belief of the truth:fit in? Over and over, again and again, God keeps emphasizing “BELIEF”, “BELIEVE”, “BELIEVED”, or “BELIEVING”; WHAT is the point – IF some are elected into salvation, others are not? Isn’t it obvious by now – that Calvinism is a “DEAD END”? IF some are elected into salvation, others are not– since it’s all predetermined any way - WHY BOTHER? Some people “are elected into salvation” and other people “are not”! That is, according to Calvinism, some (us “lucky” ones) are elected into salvation, others (you “unlucky” ones) are not {or in other words - some have been “ELECTED” to DAMNATION!}

But what about “Whosoever Will” (or “whosoever will NOT”) that God has stated in His Holy word {and promised}? Is God a man, that He should lie?
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Does our God make an offer to men (and women) and not mean it? Is Almighty God disingenuous when He says WHOSOEVER WILL? Does “WHOSOEVER WILL” only mean those who “are elected into salvation”? Or is it a General Call to all of mankind?

Calvinism has some “major problems” with God’s Holy word, and I for one refuse to follow a man who lived 450 years ago, who although he might have been extremely intelligent, certainly didn’t have all of the answers to God’s Holy word. No man has ever “figured out” all of God’s word. And to think that some man who lived over 400 years ago had all of the answers is absurd! Calvin didn’t even have all of the QUESTIONS – never mind all of the answers! {This is WHY I am “leery” of ALLsystems of biblical interpretation and theological formulations}
2 Thessalonians 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
WHY is a person’s “calling” determined by Paul’s “Gospel” - IF some are elected into salvation, others are not? WHAT does “believing” the “gospel” have to do with “the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ” - IF some are elected into salvation, (and) others are not?

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
WHY don’t the Scriptures state: the word of God, which effectually worketh in those that are unconditionally elected, instead of those that “believe”? IF “Unconditional Election is God’s sole “modus operandi” – WHY the emphasis on “belief”?

Unconditional Election (as “Total Depravity” did before) ignores the testimony of the Scriptures about BELIEF”, “BELIEVE”, “BELIEVED”, or “BELIEVING”.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
WHY DOES God command us to BELIEVE, IF some are elected into salvation, others are not -unless our salvation is “conditioned” on our Believing first, WHY the emphasis on “believing” when we are already “unconditionally elected”? WHY the COMMANDMENT to BELIEVE?

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
WHY IS God WORKING at getting people to BELIEVE on Him, IF some are elected into salvation, (and) others are not? WHY “WORK” at all to get them to BELIEVE?

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
WHY PRAY for someone to BELIEVE, IF they are already Unconditionally elected into salvation, (and) others are not”? WHY the concern about someone believing on the Lord “through their word”– IF they are already unconditionally elected into salvation, (and) others are not”!

Romans 4:24But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; {& Philippians 1:29}
WHY is IMPUTATION dependent on our BELIEVING on Him that raised up Jesus our Lord” – IF we are already unconditionally elected into salvation, (and) others are not”? Wouldn’t it (imputation) be based on our “unconditional election”?

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;
WHY isn’t there any mention of “Election” in the verse – for example according to Calvinism the verse should have said: For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only tobe unconditionally elected into salvation”? Once again WHY does God continually emphasize “BELIEF”?

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
HOW is Paul “a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting”? Is Paul’s Conversion a “PATTERN” of unconditional election? Paul’s Conversion is a “PATTERN” {example} of God’s Grace to an unbeliever [“Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious” . . . who “obtained mercy, because” (he) “did it ignorantly in unbelief.” 1Timothy 1:13] The Scriptures did NOT say that Paul obtained mercy because he was “unconditionally elected into salvation! The Scriptures did NOT say: that Paul was a pattern to the elect which were unconditionally elected into salvation”! According to the Holy Bible, the Apostle Paul is a PATTERN - “to them which should hereafter BELIEVE on him to life everlasting”! The Apostle Paul’s conversion is the classic “PATTERN” of an unbeliever who BELIEVES on Him (The Lord Jesus Christ) to life everlasting.”

We could go through literally dozens of more verses from the Scriptures and demonstrate from investigation, questions, analysis, dissection, rightly dividing, and sound Biblical reasoning that the doctrine of "Unconditional Election" is contrary to sound Biblical doctrine.

Notice how Calvinism ADDS to the word of God? “TOTAL DEPRAVITY” <> neither word can be found in the HOLY BIBLE! “UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION” <> the word “Unconditional” is NOT in the Holy Bible! Does this mean anything to you? Does the fact that John Calvin (1509 – 1564) lived BEFORE The King James Bible was translated, have any bearing on his “doctrine”? WHAT was his “FINAL AUTHORITY”? WHERE did he get his “DOCTRINE” from?

WHY would a genuine King James Bible believer trust a man or his “DOCTRINE”, if he never had God’s FINAL AUTHORITY {i.e. AV1611 – King James Bible} in his hands - not even one time; but who, instead, used “eclectic” Hebrew (Old Testament) and Latin Texts (Old & New Testaments); and in addition, possibly a French “text” or some Greek or other language text for the New Testament) in which he formulated ALL of his so-calledsystems of biblical interpretation and theological formulations?

The following is a list of specific words found in the Scriptures (that are related to Calvinism) and all of the corresponding verses where they can be found. I have listed the words – “elect”, “election”, “elected”, “foreknew”, “foreknowledge”, “foreordained”, etc. and have tried to “rightly divide” WHERE and to WHOM they should be applied. If anyone is interested in searching out these Scriptures, the color code easily identifies to WHOM I believe the verses should be applied. I would encourage you to “search the Scriptures” to see whether those things that I have presented here are true or not:

ELECT
GOD
Isaiah 42:1; 1Timothy 5:21; 1 Peter 2:6
ISRAEL {Jews - Hebrews}
Isaiah 45:4; Isaiah 65:9; Isaiah 65:22; Matthew 24:22; Matthew 24; Matthew 24:31; Mark 13:20; Mark 13:22; Mark 13:27; Luke 18:7
THE CHURCH {Born Again – Saved}
Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12; 2 Timothy 2:10; Titus 1:1; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 John 1:1; 2 John 1:13

According to the Scriptures, "the elect" can be: THE LORD; or Israel (the Jews - Hebrews); or the Church (Christians) depending on the context of the verses where the word occurs. The word "elect" is NOT always in reference to born again children of God.

ELECTION
ISRAEL {Jews - Hebrews}
Romans 9; Romans 11:5; Romans 11:7; Romans 11:28
1 Thessalonians 1:4; 2 Peter 1:10

ELECTED
1 Peter 5:13

FOREKNEW
ISRAEL {Jews - Hebrews}
Romans 11:2

FOREKNOWLEDGE
GOD
Acts 2:23
1 Peter 1:2

FOREORDAINED
GOD
1 Peter 1:20

ORDAIN
ISRAEL {Jews - Hebrews}
1 Chronicles 9:22; 1 Chronicles 17:9; Isaiah 26
1 Corinthians 7:17; Titus 1:5

ORDAINED
GOD
Psalms 8:2; Psalms 8:3; Psalms 132:17; Acts 10:42; Acts 17:31; Romans 13:1; 1 Corinthians 2:7
ISRAEL {Jews - Hebrews}
Numbers 28:6; 2 Kings 23:5; 2 Chronicles 23:18; 2 Chronicles 29:27; Esther 9:27; Psalms 81:5; Isaiah 30:33; Jeremiah 1:5; Daniel 2:24; Habakkuk 1:12; Mark 3:14; John 15:16; Acts 1:22; Romans 7:10; Galatians 3:19; Hebrews 5:1; Hebrews 8:3; Hebrews 9:6
Acts 13:48; Acts 14:23; Acts 16:4; 1 Corinthians 9:14; Ephesians 2:10; 1 Timothy 2:7
EVIL
1 Kings 12:32; 1 Kings 12:332; Chronicles 11:15; Jude 1:4

I am finished (for now) with the so-called doctrine of “Unconditional Election”. This study could easily be much longer if I had the time (and the space) to present all of the verses pertaining to "whosoever will" and/or more examples from the Old Testament. What I have presented should suffice, for I still have 3 “Points” to go.