View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Thank you for sharing this, Brother John. I also think there is a "bondage" among many true believers today who are not appropriating, by faith, the realities of who and what they are in Christ!

You've addressed many "key doctrines" in your two posts. The great joy to me is that every single doctrine you've referred to is taken care of in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ (forgiveness, redemption, justification, sanctification, reconciliation). I lack "nothing" and "can do nothing" to ever appease a holy, righteous, and perfect God. Believing and receiving Jesus Christ takes care of the just and holy requirements God demands for the appeasement of my sins.

Your quote above is difficult to fully accept by many believers. I am not required, once I've become a believer in the Gospel of truth to "confess" my sins in order to be "forgiven" for my sins. Jesus has already taken care of that. That's the Good News! (1 John 1:9, is not suggesting or commanding that a believer, who has already been cleansed by the precious blood of Christ, is required to continually "confess sins" in order to be forgiven of sins and to be cleansed from all unrighteousness.) We live in such a "duty driven" and "purpose driven" society, that receiving and resting in the biblical realities, by faith, of what we have in Christ is a very difficult thing to do, to say the least.

These are some additional scriptures that come to mind as I read your essay.
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Hebrews 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
I think we all agree, do not sin. But what happens if we do?
1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Thanks again for your encouragement regarding this immeasurable truth of Jesus Christ's all sufficiency and preeminence in all things. And may we, "...grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen" (2 Peter 3:18).
Brother Forest,

Thank you FYE("For Your Efification"). As I've said many times, thank God the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ for what he has done for you today, for the Lord Jesus Christ is best magnified when I "stay in the background." The cross is "I" crossed out.

"According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death." Philippians 1:20

In and with Christ,

John M. Whalen