View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 AM

Hi Chette777,
Thanks for the reply,

I do understand, of course, that the Law was given TO the Jews, and that us Gentiles were never UNDER the Law. But since all scripture is profitable, and although not all is written TO us, it is FOR us.
Now, I'm not necessarily siding with Ray Comfort, but I must point out that the law can still be Biblically used on the Gentiles, NOT to attain salvation by keeping the law, no no no, but because BY the law comes the knowledge of sin:

Romans 3:20 and 7:7 are just two examples that come to mind quickly, I'm sure there are more.

Also, Jesus Himself used the law to convict the woman at the well in John 4 and bring her to a desire for salvation.
The gentiles of yesterday and today are lulled into ignorance of sin by the enemy, they honestly don't think they deserve judgement. Adamic sin is something the average person on the street doesn't know about or care about, but the use of the law (which is also written in their hearts, Romans 2:15) can revive the conscience, and bring about realization and conviction of sin, thereby driving them like a schoolmaster to Christ. If I had more time right now, I know there are more scriptures indicating that this is a Biblical method for today. I am a dispensationalist, just to make that clear, but I'll admit I could be wrong in rightly dividing the word here or there, that's why I am studying and praying to stay on the straight and narrow path. (A workman needs to work at it, Amen?)
I have done my studies in Romans and Galatians, and I do think that its fairly straightforward to rightly divide who was under the law and who is not. But that still doesn't negate the designed effect and intended usage of the law.

I know we are not UNDER the law, but the effect of the law is the same. Even the Jews under the law couldn't attain salvation by it, they had to atone continually. It was to drive them to seek salvation.
The way of the master method brings people to look at themselves not from a worldly perspective, but from God's, leaving none justified, and in dire need of a Saviour.

Galatians was written to converted Jews and gentiles in the church of Galatia. It was illustrating the transition from law to grace that Christ brought us. The schoolmaster reference is like the direction of change from law to grace.

I earnestly do want to be sure about Ray Comfort's stuff, since I am practicing it and passing it on to others. If there are aspects I can revise, and keep the good stuff, I will. I'd like to hear any and all more opinions about the way of the master method. I might sound like a Ray Comfort defender, but I'm not, its just that I do see alot of good in there, but I want to find out what is legitimately bad, in order to avoid it. I do know that most pseudo-Christians get angry at the concept of using the law, but that's because they either a) aren't reading their Bibles, b) have been lulled by Laodecian teachings of love love love, c) are so afraid of the term legalistic, they reject anything to do with the law, or d) are afraid to see that their own witnessing method could use some shaping up.

Now I'm NOT labeling anyone here as a,b,c or d. In fact, I pursue this topic in this forum because I can see that most people here are sound Bible-believers, and I value your inputs greatly.