View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 09:07 AM
grace to me

We were chosen IN HIM (Eph 1:4) that is Gods foreknowledge at work he chose those he Knew would beleive to Verses 5-13

in order to come to this conclusion you have to add words to the Word of God , God's Word is not of private interpretation , it says foreknowledge it doesn't say of what , this isn't a proof text it just states foreknowledge ,
let's look at some scriptures that mention foreknowledge.

Acts 2::22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

1 Pet.1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

both of these accounts talk about foreknowing the person not what he does , don't get me wrong i believe God is all knowing , but if we have to add words to God's Word then it becomes private interpretation.

[ hey Guys romans is the complete doctrine of God Grace. the term elect is not mentioned in chapter nine. ]
Rom.9:11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Romans is not the complete doctrine of God's grace , all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine ,reproof , instruction in righteousness.