View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 AM

I certainly don't intend to offend anyone with my choice of capitalization, but out of respect for God's Word, also called the Bible or the Scriptures, and His magnification of it in Psalm 138:2, I capitalize it when used as a title. We have no problem in capitalizing Holy Bible, or King James Bible, or King James Version, or Authorized Version. Those are all titles given by men to the book that is also called the Scriptures or the Word of God or God's Word. It in no way diminishes the LORD Jesus who is the Living Word of God. It in no way takes from His Glory.

My apologies to those who are bothered by my position. It is not done casually with lack of attention or purpose.

A note about the comment about "the paper". When I show respect to the Bible, it is not the physical material that is being honored. That is where the "electronic" problem becomes an issue. I do treat my physical Bible carefully, but it is not because it is hallowed. I do not believe that any who capitalize "Word of God" or "God's Word" in their statement of faith are reverencing the physical printed page but what is printed thereon.

Last edited by Brother Tim; 04-17-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: further thoughts