View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 08:43 AM

Gee Geologist, you sure have clarified it ! lol!

Those are interesting points, kind of like the first mention law, but for words, not things or concepts.

In the other thread similar to this one (started almost the same time), peopleoftheway pointed out that the Holy Spirit within us will show us the meaning of the text when actually reading the Bible, and I have zero qualms about how a word appears in the AV.

Here is an interesting article I read a while back and it made me curious about the minor changes between editions:
http://www.biblebelievers.com/believ...rfeit-kjv.html
Kind of makes me wonder just how bad it really is. If editing of the 1611 (not revising) is ok, then are these types of discrepancies be inconsequential, or not? I don't own a PCE -yet- but I got myself a TBS straight text from avpublications.com thinking it would be as close to the purest I could find at the time.

My inquiry was more about when we ourselves use these various words in our own writings, is it safe and sound to capitalize basically everything when in doubt, or is there a rule, considering those cases where the scriptural precedent can go eitheer way.
Specifically, 'he', 'him' and 'his' when in referrence to God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Also should I continue capitalizing the word Bible when in referrence to the AV1611?

I know this may be trivial, but I've always wondered inthe back of my mind if this practise is correct.