View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 AM

Default my painting "style"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Jassy, those are fantastic, you have a lot of talent.
That waterfall strikes me as impressionism and that happens to be a style of art that I love. In my opinion, many artists over-work their paintings. Why worry with all the details, when you can capture the feeling of your subject with a few strokes? Very nice work!
Bro P, Thanks for the compliments. I gave all honor and glory to the Lord: HE gives the skills and blesses a person with interest in something. I don't really have one specific type of painting. I work from several different styles - whatever mood strikes me that day or with that subject. I never really thought about what style of painting I do. I guess impressionism is one of them. I studied art, way back before I became a Christian - but it wasn't until AFTER I became a Christian my interest truly showed up. I know that, for subject matter, I enjoy REAL scenery, rather than abstract. I can never get a painting to do any natural scenery justice though. The REAL creation is FAR, FAR better than I could ever represent it on canvas with some paint and brushes.

Jassy