Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=kevinvw;21085]

Quote:
I don't believe that we have to get out sin nature from our father. I think that it comes from having Adamic flesh.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus was tempted like we are yet without sin. If He didn't have old Adam in Him like we do then this verse seems awfully vain. In fact, how was he even tempted to sin if He didn't even have it in Him?
kevinvw,

Thank you for pointing this out. This is so important. This notion that our sin nature comes down through the fathers blood, if true, means that Christ could not become the propitiation for our sins because He could not have been tempted in every way as we are. And He could not be our faithful high priest. I see this idea of Jesus having God's blood, not human blood, as worse than a cunningly devised fable. I see it as a doctrine of anti-christ. If anyone disagrees I want to know where I am wrong so please let me know.

Hebrews
Quote:
2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
I'll go with the Word of God on this one rather than "fables" of father's blood and mother's flesh, and the quoting of passages of scripture that have nothing to do with the topic, and the careless disregard for passages that have everything to do with this topic. This is, of course, only IMHO.