View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 AM

Mt 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. the context being that of Christ to suffer

Lu 10:24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. The Context being Knowing the son and knowing the father

1Cor 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. The context is knwoing the things of God which no one can without the Holy Ghost and OT saints did not. this agrees with George's statement above.

These preachers make such dogmatic statement that the OT Saints were looking forward to the cross of Christ yet without any scripture to support thier teaching. they and I have heard many say they understood the scriptures revealed to them concerning God son who would come and die for their sins ina future time. Again no scripture just conjecture. this may make for nice speeches but nor for good doctrine.

The isa Scripture you quoted would fall under 1Peter1 which I quoted in the first post. and it was veiled scripture to Israel. What we need is a clear scrioture speaking of God his son and the cross that they would clearly understand. Jon Courson says they, th eOT saint, clearly knew the scriptures but failed to show which scriptures.

The Gospel Luke spoke of when sent out two by two is not the Gospel of the Grace but a kingdom Gospel only for Israel. see the context and know Christ had not gone to the cross when they preached that Gospel. we must remember their are 3 basic Gospels in the New Testament 1) the kingdom Gospel for Israel, 2) the Gospel of Grace taught by Paul. that gospel is also known by other names. 3) the eternal Gospel spoken by an angel. the first and the last of those have no blood of Christ for the remission of sins.

Last edited by chette777; 01-28-2009 at 05:09 AM.