View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:20 PM
freesundayschoollessons

Quote:
FSSL, this is simply not true. Many of the commentaries are hard to access and some take either a dual or unsure view (e.g. Kraus, Kidner and Anderson recently) however I will share a bit. Lest somebody reading may otherwise actually believe what you declare above.
Thanks Steve. I should never put out that Hasty Generalization. I do see that there are commentaries that approach your interpretation. I simply do not have those commentaries. I have quite a few on the Psalms, but not those. Matthew Henry, which seems to be one of the most favored commentaries here, surely agrees with my interpretation.

As far as the Westminster Confession goes, that is interesting that they obviously use the words in Psalm 12. My copy does not have the passage footnoted. Does yours? Even so, I would have to say, that I won't disagree that we don't have the Word completely today.

What do you think about the other points? The gender of "them" and "words" and the overall context? Also, what about the "from this generation forever" point above?