View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Connie, I really appreciate your intensity, and I agree that it is good to answer the concerns of those who are confused. I am not doubting you personally, or speaking to you as one who questions to validity of the KJB. I did not express that well in my last post. What I was trying to say, and your most recent post amplifies that even more, is that once you convince yourself enough to be able to confidently answer others, they will simply bring up another puzzle. If you think the "at vs. out" explanation will settle the problem, then they will just move to the "Easter vs. Passover" or the "love of money" arguments.

The bottom line is that if a person must be convinced through logical argument to trust in God's Word, then he or she will be convinced only until the next argument comes along. "for he that cometh to God must believe that he is," and I believe that goes for His Word as well. It is like the person that wants you to explain who Cain's wife was when you are trying to share the Gospel. If you get off message and patiently explain it, he or she doesn't then quietly listen, you just get another question, "but what about ...?"

By the way, if you would like to test out my point of endless questions from seemingly sincere Christians, I just finally left one forum where after months of discussing every argument under the sun, I was no better off. I'd gladly pass the baton to someone else. Also, I joined FreeSundaySchoolLessons' forum to be the token KJBer. Barry and GreekTim keep me very busy, and I could use some back-up. Sadly, it is really a waste of time, but I am sort of like a pitbull. Once I bite, you just about have to kill me to get me to turn loose. Actually, it is more like a dodgeball game where I am the only one in the middle and they are throwing balls at me from both sides. I keep thinking that because these are good, Godly people, that if I could just get my foot in the door, the light would come on, but it never happens.