View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 AM

Default Re: "Sword Bible" KJV- Easy Reading ed.

"Sword Bible" KJV- Easy Reading ed. - 04-28-2008, 06:56 AM
pneuby - Post #1

Quote:
I've been reading up on KJO, and the 'debate'. I've had the thought:

"Why can't somebody, some entity, just change the Elizabethan pronouns and verbs, and leave the rest alone?"
In 127 years - "THEY" NEVER HAVE! (Left "the rest alone")

Back in 1968 (when I first became aware of the “Which Bible” Issue) I had the same thought – but not for long. I guess that almost every one who first becomes aware of the issue “thinks” wouldn’t it be nice IF? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fill in the “blanks” for whatever you “prefer” as an “improvement” to God’s Holy Word – which He has honored for nearly 400 years now.

Here is the problem in a nut shell – You couldn’t find 50 Christians throughout all of “Christendom” who you could trust to “update” the King James Bible (if itneeded” it – which it doesn’t) and maybe, just maybe, God doesn’t want it “updated” – did you ever think about that? The “need” for “improvement” is only your perception of a “problem” that doesn’t exist.

The “Book” is what we have. It’s what God has provided for us. It’s what He has blessed the use of for these hundreds of years. Why would you “think” that you or anybody else could “improve” on that? Since 1881 there have been so many “bibles” (by now over 150) in English that have come out to “improve” on the “Old English” and the “Archaic” words; or that supposedly represent “older” or “better” or more “accurate” manuscripts that it is practically impossible to keep track!

Ask yourself – Why so many ENGLISH “bibles”? Why is this phenomenon (multitudinous “bibles”) only present in ENGLISH? There is no other language on earth that has had even 10% of the number of “versions” as there are in ENGLISH (check it out). Ask yourself WHY is that? Could it be that Satan (the author of confusion), unable to destroy God’s Holy word, has set out to confuse Christians with so many “versions” of the Scriptures that God’s people will in the end have no idea, which – if any – are true, holy, inspired, and infallible? Or which one to trust and rely on as their "Final Authority" in all matters of faith and practice?

If you have a problem with the “archaic” words get a good dictionary. In addition never trust any dictionary or "Strong's" Concordance to give you the correct definition of any words that are of any spiritual significance. Study the Scriptures – comparing Scripture with Scripture when it comes to words that affect doctrine.

There are lots of "helps" out there that can assist you in any difficulty with the "Old English", etc. The problem is - that's not what you want. You want to find a book that will suit your personal "needs" and "desires"; and I will guarantee you that you will "find" one (maybe more than one!) Good luck! As for me and my house, we will stick with God's Holy Bible; the one that I got saved by reading 50 years ago; the one that has instructed me; the one that has given me comfort and solace in times of trouble; the one that never has let me down - no not once.

God's word is not like a car, where you get a "new" model every year, or every 2 or 3 years. The Book that I preach and teach from is without error. My Bible is the Holy, infallible, preserved, and inspired word of God i.e. the Holy Scriptures. If you or anyone else "thinks" that you can "improve" on that then: Have at it brother. But in the end - will the "bible" that you choose or "prefer" be your "Final Authority"? I doubt it.